Google

Thursday, February 14, 2008

“Romance is the oomph factor in my life”


It’s not for nothing that Preity Zinta is often termed as the ‘Preity Miss Sunshine’! With her friendly demeanour and magnetic charm (especially when she flashes her trademark dimple) this eternal optimist manages to make you believe that the world indeed is full of love and happiness! A diehard romantic at heart, this Valentines’ day, Preity reveals what makes her so in a candid tete-a-tete with Renuka Vyavahare over a cup of tea at her plush office in Bandra!

Romance to you is...
Life! Romance brings happiness in your life. It brings a smile on your face! At times it even drives you crazy with anger and makes you want to kill yourself (laughs) but romance essentially is the oomph factor in my life.

So you must be in love with Valentines’ day as well.
As long as anything propagates love, talks about love, why not? You don’t need an occasion to celebrate love but with so much hatred around, why not propagate love when it is so beautiful? As long as I get gifts why not celebrate V-day? (smiles)

So what gifts are you expecting this year?
God has already gifted me with a Cricket team of 20 players! I am so excited! I can say I have 20 new valentines in my life this year (if you use this as your headline I’ll kill you!) My every film has been my baby and I feel the same for this project but can’t say I have 20 new children now as it will sound odd! (laughs)

What about getting married in real life and having children?
I am like any other normal girl! I will get married and have children but there is a time for everything. When the right time comes things will fall in place.

How would you like to spend today this year?
For me V-day is the day to feel special, get flowers and feel good about myself. I’ve been leading a hectic life of late as I am running around attending IPL meetings and shooting for films. I’d want to spend valuable time with my loved ones without being interrupted by work or friends.

What qualities in a man attract you?
Integrity, honesty, sincerity and a strong personality is what attracts me to a man. I like people who have a strong sense of who they are. I cannot stand by a man who lies to me as I will feel insecure in his company as I won’t be able to trust him then.

So that’s your ‘Mr Right’...
Mr Right is the saddest misconception of a woman’s life. For single women who are waiting out there for the perfect guy, all I have to say is, he doesn’t exist! Nobody is perfect so a man cannot be perfect! Your expectations from a man should be realistic. You cannot sit there and wait for the right guy, just see if you are compatible with a man. When you yourself are not perfect isn’t it unfair to expect it from someone else?

And people perceive you to be a feminist!
I am a woman and do voice my concern over injustice done to women but that does not make me a bra burning psychotic chick!

With everyone getting net savvy these days, can net dating help women find their soul mates?
I am not narrow-minded but this new generation beats you, I don’t get that! I have never indulged in net dating but I could be this 6’4 tall muscle man chatting with you on the internet pretending to be someone else! It can only be a good time pass!

Would you ask a guy out?
No, I would never ask a guy out.

Will you sacrifice your career for someone you love?
A guy who truly loves you will love you the way you are. He won’t ask you to throw away your career and reduce you to being a doormat!

You are very friendly with your male –co-stars. Does that bring in any kind of insecurity in your personal relationship since Ness does not have a filmy background?
Absolutely not. I love my co-stars and I know where to draw the line. The biggsest Casanovas are my friends! People treat you the way you want to be treated. I’d rather be the girl you cannot have than the girl you can have.

Saif is your good friend too and he is seeing Kareena. Has it changed your equation with him?
No it doesn’t bother me. Kareena and I never had any particular issues. Just a rough edge here and there and frankly I prefer to be in my space and she in hers!
(Courtesy-Indiatimes Movies)

No comments: