Google

Friday, February 15, 2008

Imtiaz Ali Next With Saif & Kareena

Filmmaker Imtiaz Ali whose Jab We Met was the surprise hit of 2007 talked about his next directorial venture which would star Kareena and her present boyfriend Saif Ali Khan. Here is a short interview of the young director:

CNN-IBN: Did you expect Jab We Met to be such a big success?imtiaz2.jpg

Imtiaz Ali: No, I did not expect it to be a success, failure or anything. I wasn't even thinking about the fate of the movie. I was just trying to make a good film. There was very little time and all the effort and thought was in making it.

CNN-IBN: You must have met someone as bumbling and as full of life as her? (Geet, Kareena Kapoor’s character)

Imtiaz Ali: Lots of them. The problem is that I have met a lot of girls who are like Geet and no one girl who is exactly like Geet. Most of them have been Punjabi girls and most of them I have met in Delhi.
CNN-IBN: After the stupendous success of Jab We Met, what next?

Imtiaz Ali: Another movie and another after that. But yes, I have written a story. I am working on that and will hopefully start shooting middle of the year. There's Saif and Deepika in it.

CNN-IBN: Same genre - love story?

Imtiaz Ali: It's not in the same genre but yes, it's a relationship oriented story.
(Courtesy-CNN-IBN)

No comments: